Looking for a delicious way to stay energised in a heat wave? Or just another fabulous way to use your matcha? Try a Iced Matcha Latte!
2 teaspoons cermonial grade matcha powder
1 to 2 tablespoons hot water
1 cup milk of choice (we used almond milk)
In a measuring cup or bowl, add the matcha powder.
Pour in the 1 to 2 tablespoons of hot water and whisk until the matcha has fully incorporated into the water. This should create almost a bit of a paste. Pour in the remaining 1 cup of milk and mix. Transfer to the fridge or freezer to chill for about 15 minutes.
Fill a glass full of ice and add your milk of choice so the glass is about ¾ of the way full.
Pour in the chilled matcha and stir. Enjoy!
Heres one we made eariler!
Here's a few tips!
- Use high-quality matcha powder. This will make a big difference in the flavor of your drink.
- Use cold milk. This will help to prevent the matcha from clumping.
- Don't over-whisk the matcha. This can make it bitter.
- Add a sweetener to taste. I like to use honey or maple syrup.
- Get creative! You can add other flavors to your iced matcha drink, such as vanilla extract, cinnamon, or ginger.