- 140g Plain flour
- 15g Matchaeco Matcha green tea powder
- 2g Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 110g Butter (salted or unsalted)
- 110g brown sugar
- 123g granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg.
- 1 Tea spoon vanilla extract
- 150g Chocolate chips
- Combine the dry ingredients. Whisk or sift the matcha powder, flour, and baking soda together to remove any clumps.
- Beat together the butter and sugars. Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to help the cookies hold their shape while baking.
- Scoop and bake the cookies. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- For chewier cookies, chill the dough for longer.
- For crispier cookies, bake them for a few minutes longer.
- If you want to add other mix-ins, such as nuts or dried fruit, fold them into the dough after adding the chocolate chips.
- Sieve some matcha on top for a great finish!
I hope you like this recipe! Matcha chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite treats to bake. They're the perfect combination of sweet, earthy, and chocolatey. I love to enjoy them with a cup of green tea or coffee.